BI Report Developer - £30-40K
If you love data and you want a really interesting challenge then we have something pretty unique as we embark our journey with our Local Authority. The Digital Cornwall programme brought together the existing Digital Improvement and Customer Access Programmes, to deliver across three core areas.
- A Digitally Ready Cornwall – where we aspire for every resident of Cornwall, who could use technology, to have the confidence and means to do so by 2021
- Changing How We Work - to ensure every employee and our Members have the appropriate access to and confidence in using improved technology for themselves and customers
- Changing How We Deliver to the Customer - to ensure all our customers are able to access high quality services through the most effective channel to meet their needs.
This is one of the biggest things happening the local authority right now and is linked to other council agendas such as becoming carbon neutral by 2030. It will help realise the potential of data in Cornwall, bringing it together in a centralised data warehouse to provide invaluable insight both into what we do and how we do it, in turn this will inform and support the future of Cornwall.
Cornwall is a unique county, we are 125 miles long with a population which is very diverse in terms of the location spread. Cornwall also has the most agricultural land of any UK county as well as the most hospital wards outside of London and Manchester. With 800 different data sources, there is a wealth of information which is a real gold mine. Public health alone has 78 data sources with 50 lines each, split by geography. All of that information comes into the council in various different formats and working with Headforwards, the council has big plans to transform the way this data is used. You can play a pivotal role in the future of Cornwall and its people by working to make this data open and available in a secure way, to the people who can use it to make a difference.
You will support the delivery a number of BI programme sprints to make sure that all of the relevant data is available to the correct audiences so that it can be fully utilised. You will also ensure that local authority employees are able to learn from your experience and skills through training, coaching, pair programming and peer review.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We’ve been using snowflake but we are now using Volt 2.0 modelling and mapping technology which is only 2 weeks old as we write this! We work in teams dedicated to various clients and we work on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques. We live in beautiful Cornwall, our offices are 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer :)
More detail on the job
- Work with the business to review and finalise the reporting requirements.
- Supporting the business to ensure the reports meet their needs
- Support the designing of Data Quality and Master Data Management processes within the sprints
- Support the creation of the centralised data dictionary
- Support the ETL process by defining the data structure required to meet the defined reporting output
- Support the creation of data marts that will support the reporting requirements.
- Create BI Reports using a range for data visualisation tools including but not limited to Power BI, SSRS and SSAS
- Produce the reporting in views suitable for various levels of consumer, using both Power BI desktop and Power BI service to ensure the end user has controlled access to the supporting data and suitable functionality to manage the sharing of data
- Ensure that the roles and access permission are controlled to ensure that the data remains secure, with the access is easily managed going forward
- Support and organise report UAT testing to enable sign off finalised
- Support the business with understanding the ETL and report production process to enable their future ownership of Report production
- Through the delivery cycle, support the creation of a T-shirt sizing cost model for future data sources & BI requests.
- Good understanding of Power BI desktop and Power BI Service
- Good knowledge in SSRS, SSAS.
- Experience in designing, developing and testing Power BI, SSRS, SSAS Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience of Report Publishing and Sharing with BI Consumer and end Users
The closing date for this role is 27th March 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For this role we can only accept applications from individuals who already have the right to work in the UK. If you are in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa then we are able to take over the sponsorship of this.
No recruitment agencies please.