BI Report Developer (£40-50k depending on experience)
No recruitment agencies please
If you love data and you want a really interesting challenge then we have something pretty unique as we continue our journey with our Local Authority, delivering insight and supporting intelligence-led decision making.
This work programme is one of the biggest initiatives happening in the Local Authority right now and is linked to other council agendas such as becoming carbon neutral by 2030. It will help realise the potential of data in Cornwall, bringing it together in a centralised data warehouse to provide invaluable insight both into what the Council does and how it does it. In turn this will inform and support the future of Cornwall which is vital to the Covid-19 recovery and economic planning.
Cornwall is a unique county. We are 125 miles long with a population which is very diverse in terms of the geographic spread. With 800 different data sources within the council, there is a wealth of potential information. All of which comes into the council in various different formats and working with Headforwards; the council has big plans to transform the way this data is used. You can play a pivotal role in the future of Cornwall and its people by working with data to deliver insight to the people who can use it to make a difference.
Delivering through agile sprints, you will ensure that all of the relevant information is presented in a stimulating and unambiguous way to varied audiences. You will also ensure that Local Authority employees are able to learn from your experience and skills through training, coaching and peer review.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 110 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid-back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code, at Headforwards our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work.
We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We work in teams dedicated to various clients and on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques. We live in beautiful Cornwall, our offices are 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer :)
More detail on the job
- Work with the business to help shape and finalise reporting requirements
- Support the business to ensure the information we produce meets their needs
- Deliver innovative and compelling methods of visualisation via Power BI
- Ensure there is a robust architecture and framework in place to support report delivery to an external audience
- Provide a level of oversight and understanding of the Microsoft toolset, in terms of how that relates to Power BI and the MS data stack
- Support the design of data quality and Master Data Management processes
- Support the creation of the centralised data dictionary and nomenclature
- Support the ETL process by defining the data structure required to meet identified outputs
- Support the creation of SSAS Tabular Models
- Create BI Reports using a range of data visualisation tools including, but not limited to, Power BI and SSRS
- Ensure that roles and access permissions are configured and enabled to keep data secure and controlled
- Support and organise report UAT testing
- Training and up-skilling the wider organisation with Power BI to increase competency and confidence
- Support the business with understanding the report production process
- Develop standards for reports and visualisations including style guidelines, templates and best practice charting methods
- Expert understanding of Power BI desktop and Power BI Service
- Excellent understanding of the Power BI framework
- Expert understanding of DAX and tabular modelling
- Experience in effective visualisation and data dissemination techniques and approaches
- Good knowledge of SSAS (Tabular Models)
- Experience in designing, developing and testing Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience of Report Publishing and Sharing with BI Consumer and end Users
The closing date for this role is 7th August 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For this role we can only accept applications from individuals who already have the right to work in the UK. If you are in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa then we are able to take over the sponsorship of this.
No recruitment agencies please.