Are you a Full Stack Developer, eager to expand your knowledge and learn new skills?
Our Special Projects Division works on a wide range of projects, from expanding existing software to meet changing client needs, to developing new software products from the ground up. If you like variety, learning new things and getting stuck in, you will love working in this team. Current projects include:
- An application to help Doctors give better remote advice to patients during the COVID-19 crisis
- An online lottery system for a partner benefit scheme with 100,000 regular users
- An exciting greenfield cloud-based platform using Angular and AWS
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries. We're using the latest technologies and constantly developing new ideas. We believe that diversity of experience leads to better results, and we promote self development with internal conferences, knowledge sharing and external conferences and courses. We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code.
Our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer :) Most of our people live here, but we are able consider remote working for these roles,providing that you currently live in the UK or in a country with the same/similar time zone.
So if you want to work from home, but come to Cornwall now and then, this could be perfect for you :)
- Front-end (e.g. Angular, TypeScript HTML, CSS, Typescript, React)
- Back-end (e.g. NodeJS, Python, Java, C#)
- Relational database (e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL, noSQL)
- Cloud development (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- CI/CD pipeline development
- Source control (Git etc.)
- TDD and automated testing
- Full stack solution design and development (ideally Microservices architecture, REST APIs)
- DevOps experience
- XP experience
- Agile development methodologies
- Mentoring / technical leadership
The closing date for this role is 31st May 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
No recruitment agencies please.