Are you a System Administrator who wishes to push the limits of your experience of Service Operation and Delivery?
What will the role involve?:
This is not a stand alone systems administrator role, you will be embedded within a team of brilliant developers.
We’ve adopted Google’s SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) mindset. Our cross-functional teams learn to create tooling and develop processes to deliver our services in the most modern and fluid ways possible.
- You will be joining a fast-moving team working on the platform of a cutting-edge web application for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world, deploying microservices at scale, orchestrating with Kubernetes across multiple global regions, which you own and maintain.
- You will be using and improving our in house continuous delivery pipelines to release new features and functionality to the client. We are delivering multiple releases every day and working with some pretty exciting technologies alongside fully employing the use of Agile methodologies across the whole business.
Why work for Headforwards?:
We’re no ordinary software development business. In fact, we’re unique. You’ll find cutting edge projects in a truly agile environment. A flat structure with no egos. A friendly team environment where everyone’s equal. And the chance to tackle new challenges and build your skills. Working alongside real experts who are hungry for new technologies and advancement.
Most of all, a place where you and your family can enjoy a fantastic lifestyle and an unrivalled quality of life. Because joining us isn’t just a career choice. It’s a life choice.
We are offering a salary of up to £40,000 for this role, depending on experience. But aside from that, we are also offering many other benefits:
- Core hours
- 4% pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice car leasing
- Healthcare cash back plan
- No dress code – wear what you want to work
- Fresh fruit in the office
- Regular social activities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Discounted gym memberships
- Corporate car hire rates (Hertz)
- Lunchtime clubs, including yoga, photography, and the occasional game of rounders!
- Annual Festival (Camping, water sports, BBQ, bouncy castles for kids, DJs)
- We also work with a local brewery to create our own Headforwards beer!
Cornwall’s tech scene has been quietly growing over the last decade but momentum has really gained pace over the last couple of years. We are home to some fantastic companies all hiring great tech talent, and now, our airport is home to the UK's first spaceport in partnership with Virgin Orbit. Another great boost for Cornwall.
If this all sounds like something you want to be a part of then let’s talk soon!
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a System Administrator with experience in Linux Operating Systems.
Alternatively, you might be a Python Developer who has an interest in the infrastructure and services side of things.
If that is you, we are offering the opportunity to join one of our high performing DevOps teams. If you have good commercial experience in a similar or related roles, you could also fit in well.
- A team player, keen to be involved in solution design, and ensure high quality implementation
- An operational mindset with knowledge of high availability, monitoring and diagnostics
- Working with development team tools e.g. continuous integration systems (we use Jenkins) and version control systems (we use Git) to help evangelise the DevOps culture within all teams.
- Someone who loves getting to the root cause of problems
- Ability and desire to learn and a natural problem solver
Key technical skills:
- Excellent understanding of Linux operating systems – we use Ubuntu
- Experience of container orchestration (we use Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience of Ansible/Puppet
- Experience of the TCP/IP family of protocols, routing, VPN tunnels and so on
- Understanding of Web Servers and load balancers, such as nginx and HAproxy
- Understanding of Cloud Services to manage and provide infrastructure primitives
- Python (or other high level language) development experience
- Have heard of relational and / or non-relational (NoSQL) databases (we use MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, InfluxDB)
- Experience of running Kafka would be beneficial
- An understanding of the web application stack and Microservice architecture
The closing date for this role is 28th February 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For this role we can only accept applications from individuals who already have the right to work in the UK. If you are in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa then we are able to take over the sponsorship of this.
No recruitment agencies please.