£40,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
We are looking for an Operations and Support Manager to join one of our teams here at Headforwards.
The team you will be joining works on the development of a customer facing web portal for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world. Due to the success so far, the number of users on this portal is steadily increasing - this is a role which you can make your own and grow over the next few years. You will be coordinating the operations and support for this product, working closely with the portals’ development teams, platform team, the wider global infrastructure support teams and stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
You will manage the day-to-day operations and support activities of a global web portal service from platform availability through to updates and continual service evolution.
We require an excellent communicator who has experience overseeing and working with a support team, alongside other teams (in our case, infrastructure/system administration and development teams) to help assure operations, compliance, availability and service levels.
You will work alongside highly technical people to help define and communicate best practice for development and delivery to assure compliance with ISO27001.
Day to day you will:
- Establish and clarify the service operations and support processes
- Ensure process definitions are documented and this documentation is maintained
- Ensure the established processes are followed by all involved in operations and support
- Be responsible for making sure the processes are in place to guarantee the uptime and delivery targets for worldwide infrastructure
- Provide Incident management; management of support incidents, resolution identification and continuous improvement
- Work in a collaborative way with Agile teams to build the spirit of these processes into their workflows
- Communicate with all interested parties around the enactment steps of the defined processes
- Support change management within the wider client business and other parties that make use of the platform
- Support release management; interface with other business units to ensure readiness for new feature deployments
- Be responsible for communication feedback around inbound support and continual service improvement
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 110 people from 18 different countries. We're using the latest technologies and constantly developing new ideas. We believe that diversity of experience leads to better results, and we promote self-development with internal conferences, knowledge sharing and external conferences and courses. We are agile with a very laid-back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code.
Our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer :)
We are grateful that we are a company that can work from home easily, and so we all started doing this a week before lockdown. We are reviewing this as time passes and government advice changes but for now, we can work from home, so we are. We'll provide you with whatever you might need in order to work comfortably from home, apart from an extra room... we can't do extensions, sorry! :) But if you have a quiet space that you can work in, we can do the rest.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), User Stories and acceptance criteria
- Conceptual understanding of IT technology, networking and the Internet
- A basic understanding of ITIL and ISO27001
- Thrive and embrace (i.e. able to make decisions) within high pressure situations
- We expect everyone who works for us to be self-motivated, a self-starter and to have a great work ethic.
- You must be a team player - your ability to build relationships with others is critical to this role
- Excellent communication skills are an absolute must
- An understanding of an R&D software development lifecycle and how this can deliver value to the business
The closing date for this role is 31st October 2020 but please be aware that we recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements.
No recruitment agencies please.