Are you a Developer who is keen to bleed the edges of your experience?
If so, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for an experienced developer in Python and/or Go to join one of our high performing development teams. If you have good commercial experience in a similar or related language you could also fit in well.
What will you be doing?
We are delivering multiple releases every day and working with some pretty exciting technologies alongside fully employing the use of Agile methodologies across the whole business.
- You will be joining a fast-moving development team working on the backend of a cutting-edge web application for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world, building and deploying microservices at scale, on a Kubernetes platform, with multiple global regions
- You will be using and improving our in house continuous delivery pipelines to release new features and functionality to the client
Why work for Headforwards?
- We are a software development company with just over 110 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work!
- We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. We work in teams dedicated to various clients and we work on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques.
- There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code.
- Our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work.
- We live in beautiful Cornwall, our offices are 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer :)
- We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks.
This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people.
Key Personal Traits
- You will have been a developer for at least five years and/or show capability and potential
- We enjoy spirited exchanges of ideas, pushing us towards technical excellence and we expect to hear your voice in these conversations
- You will be a natural problem solver and able to align business delivery priories against implementation choices
- You will have the desire and ability to continually learn in improve yourself, and your colleagues
Key Technical Skills
- Knowledge of relational and / or non-relational (NoSQL) databases (we use MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, InfluxDB)
- You will have used Python or Go (If you have good commercial experience in a similar or related language you could also fit in well)
- Experience of message queues (we use Kafka)
- Experience of container orchestration (we use Kubernetes, Docker)
- An operational mindset with knowledge of high availability, monitoring and diagnostics
- Understanding of the web application stack
- A pragmatic and practical approach to solving business problems
- Exposure to test driven development and integration testing
- Experience working with development team tools (e.g. continuous integration systems (we use Jenkins) and version control systems (we use Git)
The closing date for this role is 27th March 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.