Service Engineer/ Implementation Engineer (£30-40k depending on experience)
We are recruiting for 2 Service Engineers to join a new team within our established wider organisation. You will be working on exciting data migrations for multiple customers of our client. Liaising with the customers, managing customer relations, as well as problem solving and being 'hands-on' in the technical part of the project as well. You’ll do this alongside the technical lead in our client team. We envisage that for the first few implementations you will shadow the tech lead to allow you to get fully up to speed. From there, on future implementations you will take more of an active role. The client has many customers in Europe and if you speak, or want to learn German and/or French, that would be an advantage.
If you are a Systems Administrator, First Line Tech Support or and IT Support Engineer with good technical and customer liaison skills, this role could be perfect for you.
What will the job involve?
- Serve as customer engagement delivery engineer for Interlock's Compliant Data Migration Services
- Speak confidently with customers and partners in both pre-sales and PS delivery contexts - Work with Software Development team to identify deficiencies, test fixes and support new applications
- Bring customer requirements back from the field into engineering to guide the evolution of Interlock's products and services
- Manage a small number of customer engagements simultaneously
Why work for Headforwards?
Whilst you will work in this small self-organising team, you'll be part of our wider company which is over 110 Developers from 19 different countries. Most of our people live here in Cornwall, which is preferable for this role, however we may consider some remote work in this team. We’re a really friendly bunch, intelligent, inquisitive and we all want to do the right thing with software development. We work hard but we have an outstanding work-life balance and we’re very grateful for it, it’s one of the reasons our software is so good. There are lots of other teams here, all working on their own different and unique applications. You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing with other teams, internal talks, communities of practice and our great social environment. We have a very laid back feel with a relatively flat structure. Our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work.Not only will you get to work in this amazing team, but you will get to do it in the stunning county of Cornwall. Our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach and some of the most amazing coastline in the UK. Cornwall’s tech scene has been quietly growing over the last decade but momentum has really gained pace over the last couple of years. We are home to some fantastic companies all hiring great tech talent, and now, our airport is home to the UK's first spaceport in partnership with Virgin Orbit. Another great boost for Cornwall.If this all sounds like something you want to be a part of then let’s talk soon!
Essential skills/ experience:
- Basic Linux/Windows scripting skills
- VMWare ESX familiarity
- Basic TCP/IP Networking skills
- Basic Windows/Linux/Unix administration skills
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Customer-first attitude and personality
- Flexible and eager to increase skill set
- NetApp/EMC/HDS/ECS Storage Administration familiarity - Basic SQL skills
- Familiarity with EMC Centera
- Familiarity with Hitachi Content Platform
- Enterprise Archiving Software experience: EMC/Legato products, Symantec Enterprise Vault, IBM TSM, IBM Filenet, any/many others
- Software Development or QA experience
- Windows Domain Admin experience
- Multi-Lingual German/French
The closing date for this role is 31st May 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
No recruitment agencies please.