Software QA Leader
Up to £37k depending on experience
We are looking to employ an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Professional:
- to work with multiple development teams who are working on a large (global) cloud based web portal for a large telecoms/managed services client
- to use great leadership skills (NB we are not looking for management) to help development teams raise, and assure, the quality of their work.
To be clear, we are not looking for someone to execute testing post-development, and we are not looking for a QA Manager (we dislike hierarch at Headforwards). Instead, we are looking for a QA Leader who can positively inspire, motivate, coach and help development teams to raise and assure the quality of their software.
We are looking for someone with a QA mindset, who can help the development teams to establish, implement and maintain QA standards across their work. Is this you?
You would help the development teams to assure the quality of their software by working with them to identify the right types of testing that should be implemented (unit, integration, system, exploratory, performance, security, etc.), who should be implementing them, where (application stack) they should be implemented, how they should be executed and when. You will be working with development teams to discuss how they are testing their work, and looking for evidence to support their claims.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 110 people from 18 different countries. We're using the latest technologies and constantly developing new ideas. We believe that diversity of experience leads to better results, and we promote self development with internal conferences, knowledge sharing and external conferences and courses. We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code.
Our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer :)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and capability of QA mindset
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and capability of establishing and maintaining QA standards (definition and expectations)
- Should be able to demonstrate experience and capability of exploratory testing
- You might have some experience as a developer (NB this is not essential)
- You might have experience working with a micro-services architecture
- It would be great if you have experience and understanding of software testing in agile, DevOps, automated, continuous delivery pipeline projects.
- Nice to have: an understanding of different types/levels of testing (automated and manual). However, we are not concerned about hands-on automation experience here. Being open to finding the right testing approach (including tools) fit for the assurance task at hand is very important to us. Being dogmatic about particular tools/practices per se is something we are not interested in.
- You must be a team player - your ability to build relationships with and interact well with others is critical to this role
- You must be an effective leader: your ability to affect the behaviours of others (individual and team) in a positive way is also critical to this role. We want you to help instil and grow a QA mindset in our development teams.
- We expect everyone who works for us to be self-motivated, a self-starter and to have a great work ethic.
The closing date for this role is 7th August 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
No recruitment agencies please.