Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Close date: 30/11/2022
We are looking for an experienced developer to join one of our high performing back end DevOps teams working on a Portal and Digital Transformation project. Our fast-moving development team is delivering a cutting-edge web application/portal and APIs for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world, building and deploying microservices at scale, with multiple global regions. We interact with people around the planet who are using our services to deliver theirs.
Our Microservices are delivered in Azure Kubernetes Services, and we leverage the Azure Cloud platform for Routing, Load balancing, Security, Data Stores and databases, and many other things. We develop in Golang for small, fast and reliable Microservices, however experience in this language is not a prerequisite for this role – sound development principles in any other similar language is fine.
Our engineers work within small, agile, self-managed teams that emphasise best practice and believe quality is everyone’s responsibility. They favour collaborative development and leverage open-source tools and communities, whilst making sure to share their know-how back up stream. You’ll get to contribute and collaborate with other engineers on technical and architectural decisions. Enjoy end-to-end ownership from concept to deployment, including building and operating infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines. Develop your skills, work on cool projects with the latest tech, all whilst working with a talented, diverse and friendly group of people.
Most of us live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. While we love Cornwall and can’t imagine not living here, we know a lot of people are happy elsewhere. We expect everyone to come to our office occasionally, maybe once or twice a quarter, but apart from that we are happy for you to be based anywhere in the UK. If you are lucky enough to be based in Cornwall, or would like to relocate to this beautiful part of the country, our new offices are set-up for you to work here if you would prefer.
- Flexible hours and remote/hybrid working available
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing each year up to 30 days (plus bank holidays)
- Medical cashback scheme (which also offers discounts at gyms, cinemas, supermarkets etc)
- Linkedin Learning licences, Pluralsight Learning access, and MS Certification opportunities
- Company pension
- Enhanced sick/ Maternity/ Paternity pay
- And much more…
Essential skills/ experience:
- An experienced developer, developing in Python, Golang, C, C++ or similar / related languages
- We’re looking for a natural problem solver that is able to align business delivery priorities against implementation choices
- Interest in owning projects end-to-end and supporting them as they go live in production
- You’ll need the desire and ability to continually learn to improve yourself, and your colleagues
- An operational mindset with knowledge of high availability, monitoring and diagnostics in a microservice oriented architecture
Here are a few of the the tools and methodologies we use
- Infrastructure: Azure, Kubernetes
- Platform: MongoDB/CosmosDB, PostgresDB, Vault, Event-hubs, Confluent Kafka
- Tools: Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins, Prometheus/Azure Monitor
- Code: Go (and a little python), containerised microservices, open-source
- Ways of working: TDD/BDD, Pair Programming
We are able to offer visa sponsorship, however candidates must already be based in the UK.
We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.