BI DBA/SQL Developer
Salary: £42000 - £47000
Close date: 31/08/2021
Tech: Microsoft BI Tools including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Storage, Azure DWH, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDM, DQS, TSQL
If you love data and you want a really interesting challenge then we have something pretty unique as we embark on this exciting project.
We are working in partnership with our client to enhance and improve the way that they are able to respond to and deal with customer enquiries and problems. You’ll be working in an agile team, and we will consider both remote and local applicants as long as the successful candidate is willing to travel to the office once a month. Your involvement in this team will generate more efficient process and improve the experience for our client’s customers and employees.
You will support the initial integration of identified data sets ranging from internal sources systems to external data feeds into a cloud based relational enterprise data warehouse. Working with the business to identify and produce management information from this centralised data store using a range of data visualisation tools. The delivery is primarily supported by a Microsoft first approach. Considerations must be given to the initiation, formation and standardisation of best practices to support ETL procedures, data quality measurement, data retention, master data management and role management.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There’s no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people.
- Supporting the delivery of a BI Architecture through test and learn to ensure the proposed technical and data architecture fulfils business needs
- Creating and documenting ETL and DWH best practices within the DWH. Installing those best practices in the delivery roles e.g. IS technicians, data owners, data analysts, SQL users etc. through training and coaching, via side by side programming
- Designing Data Quality, Data Retention and Master Data Management processes within the sprints
- Support the creation of the centralised data dictionary
- Supporting the creation of user groups and their governance, to ensure joiners, users and leavers are managed with an appropriate process and level of access
- Ensuring the BI platform the ability to manage both anonymised and sensitive data in a controlled manner that supports GDPR
- Setting best practices for the use and management of both structured and unstructured data.
- Evolving the requirements specification template, through its use. To streamline the on-boarding of future data sources into the DWH, including the review of a readiness checklist to support data source for use in prioritisation
- Using the sprint to create a T-shirt sizing cost model for future data sources & BI requests
- Whilst delivering the pilot consider how alternate data types and source will fit the model designed
- Supporting the design and socialisation of Azure security models, to gain stakeholder comfort that all controls are in place to ensure no data leakage or vulnerability. This will cover both the data warehouse infrastructure and any data visualisation /strategic tools
- Microsoft BI Tools including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Storage, Azure DWH, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDM, DQS, TSQL
- Data structure
- Dimensional modelling
- Data load processes
- ETL error handing
- Team player
- Softer skills to allow knowledge transfer to other team members and stakeholders
- Ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences
The closing date for this role is 31st July 2021. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For this role we can only accept applications from individuals who already have the right to work in the UK. If you are in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa then we are able to take over the sponsorship of this.
No recruitment agencies please.