Full Stack Developer
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Close date: 16/12/2022
Do you have a combination of C# .NET & Azure experience?
Do you want to extend your knowledge and develop your skills?
We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our growing partnership with a local government client, to solve specific business problems/need.
We are working in partnership with Cornwall Council to enhance and improve the way that they are able to respond to and deal with customer enquiries and problems. We are currently implementing a new Customer Experience Platform (CXP) which is underpinned by Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) and the wider Microsoft stack.
A lot of foundational work has been done so far and we are now developing the platform using an agile delivery model, taking early opportunities to deliver value in tandem to developing and evolving the platform. Your involvement in this team will generate a more efficient process and improve the experience for our client’s customers (the residents of Cornwall) as well as employees. As a part of this project, we are introducing a new resident portal, as well as a new back-office case management solution for the council, so user-centric design experience will be useful.
Why work for Headforwards?
Our engineers work within small, agile, self-managed teams that emphasise best practice and believe quality is everyone’s responsibility. You’ll get to contribute and collaborate with other engineers on technical and architectural decisions. Enjoy end-to-end ownership from concept to deployment, including building and operating infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines. Develop your skills, work on cool projects with the latest tech, all whilst working with a talented, diverse and friendly group of people.
Most of us live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. While we love Cornwall and can’t imagine not living here, we know a lot of people are happy elsewhere. We expect everyone to come to our office occasionally, and as this project is all about Cornwall and most of the team live nearby, we would prefer this person to be fairly local to enable regular on-site visits.
- Flexible hours and remote/hybrid working available
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing each year up to 30 days (plus bank holidays)
- Medical cashback scheme (which also offers discounts at gyms, cinemas, supermarkets etc)
- Linkedin Learning licences, Pluralsight Learning access, and MS Certification opportunities
- Company pension
- Enhanced sick/ Maternity/ Paternity pay
- And much more…
Essential skills/ experience:
We need someone who has the right attitude, will hit the ground running and be self-driven to pick things up. Also important is someone who can quickly build relationships with the team, particularly in the current remote/hybrid environment.
Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is not essential, we have a number of developers who have joined the team with valuable knowledge and experience in other areas, whilst picking up the Dynamics elements on the job. We have a great blend of experienced Dynamics professionals, working with and alongside more ‘traditional’ software developers from different backgrounds, this multi-skilled team approach offers lots of opportunity to develop and learn from each other as we avoid creating silos of knowledge.
- A passion for software development best practice (in terms of automated testing, code/configuration management, automated release pipelines etc) and be keen to get hands on in its adoption within the team
- Experience working in an agile development team
- A willingness to develop and learn new skills (including picking up Dynamics 365 knowledge if no previous experience)
- Be comfortable in a team that values constant reflection and refinement of our processes, and take an active part in these discussions
To summarise, you will be:
- Defining solutions to solve specific business problems/need, primarily within D365, Power Platform and the associated Azure stack
- Supporting the development of customer portals (using MS Power Apps Portals and Umbraco)
- Building integrations to various back-office systems, utilising our platform DataAPI
Due to our timescales, if you require visa sponsorship, you must be in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
Don’t miss out!
We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.