Junior BI Report Developer
Salary: £28000 - £30000
Term: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Fibrehub - Redruth, Cornwall
Close date: 14/06/2023
If you love data and you want a really interesting challenge then we have something pretty unique as we continue our journey with our Local Authority, delivering insight and supporting intelligence-led decision making.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Developer to develop their skills and gain official certifications, as well as valuable industry experience for 12-18 months. After this period there will then be the opportunity to transition over to our client.
This is a Hybrid role with regular on-site visits required, therefore this person must be located within Cornwall or Devon.
This work programme is one of the biggest initiatives happening in the Local Authority right now and is linked to other council agendas such as becoming carbon neutral by 2030. It will help realise the potential of data in Cornwall, bringing it together in a centralised data warehouse to provide invaluable insight both into what the Council does and how it does it. In turn this will inform and support the future of Cornwall which is vital to the Covid-19 recovery and economic planning.
Cornwall is a unique county; we are 125 miles long with a population which is very diverse in terms of the geographic spread. With 800 different data sources within the council, there is a wealth of potential information. All of which comes into the council in various different formats and working with Headforwards; the council has big plans to transform the way this data is used. You can play a pivotal role in the future of Cornwall and its people by working with data to deliver insight to the people who can use it to make a difference.
Delivering through agile sprints, you will ensure that all of the relevant information is presented in a stimulating and unambiguous way to varied audiences. You will also ensure that Local Authority employees are able to learn from your experience and skills through training, coaching and peer review.
- Work with the business to help gather and finalise reporting requirements
- Support the business to ensure the information we produce meets their needs
- Deliver innovative and compelling methods of visualisation
- Ensure that roles and access permissions are configured and enabled to keep data secure and controlled
- Quality assurance, such as support report user acceptance testing (UAT), customer queries
- Evolve our current standards for reports and visualisations including style guidelines, templates and best practice charting methods
Why work for Headforwards?
Our engineers work within small, agile, self-managed teams that emphasise best practice and believe quality is everyone’s responsibility. We favour collaborative development and leverage open-source tools and communities, whilst making sure to share their know-how back up stream. You’ll get to contribute and collaborate with other engineers on technical and architectural decisions. Enjoy end-to-end ownership from concept to deployment, including building and operating infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines. Develop your skills, work on cool projects with the latest tech, all whilst working with a talented, diverse and friendly group of people.
- Flexible hours and hybrid working available
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing each year up to 30 days (plus bank holidays)
- Medical cashback scheme (which also offers discounts at gyms, cinemas, supermarkets etc)
- Linkedin Learning licences, Pluralsight Learning access, and MS Certification opportunities
- Company pension
- Enhanced sick/ Maternity/ Paternity pay
- And much more…
This is a junior position so we are looking for approx. 1 year experience (either commercial or private projects)
- Experience using tools such as Power BI, SQL, Excel, Tableau, Power query, DAX, SSRS, or other BI tool
- An understanding of effective visualisation
- Experience as a Business or Data analyst
- Understanding of data structures
- Self starter and willing to take personal ownership for their own development
Unfortunately, for this particular vacancy, we are not able to offer visa sponsorship.
We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.