.NET Web Developer
Salary: £50000 - £60000
Location: On-site (Redruth, Cornwall)/Remote/Hybrid
Close date: 17/12/2021
Would you like to work on a new web portal from its inception? Are you passionate about building great software? Are you a clean code advocate who has embraced TDD? If so you may be just what we need!
We are building a new team to develop a bespoke web portal for one of our clients. This portal will integrate with a number of in-house systems and both AWS and Azure to provide a single view to manage cloud resources. This team will be 5 people in total, you and 2 other developers, a tester and a Scrum Master. Between you, you will be responsible for agreeing the architecture, the deployment process and how we ensure everything is working correctly. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a system from a blank slate, to really hone your TDD and CI/CD practices and to gain experience with multiple cloud providers.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are agile with a very laid back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions, talks and cross company communities of practice for various languages, tools and frameworks. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people.
Most of us live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. While we love Cornwall and can’t imagine not living here, we know a lot of people are happy elsewhere. We expect everyone to come to our office occasionally, maybe once or twice a quarter, but apart from that we are happy for you to be based anywhere in the UK. If you are lucky enough to be based in Cornwall, or would like to relocate to this beautiful part of the country, our new offices are set-up for you to work here if you would prefer.
In return for your hard work and experience, we will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each year you work here (up to a maximum of 30 days per year, plus bank holidays)
- Core hours, allowing flexible working
- Summer hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Medical cash back scheme
- Fun regular social events (beach BBQs, laser tag, film screenings and more)
- End of summer company festival – Headstock
- Headtalks – internal technical conference
- Corporate gym membership rates as selected local gyms
- Discounts at selected local restaurants/ cafes
- Child care vouchers
- Car leasing scheme
- Tech scheme
- Most of us are based near our office in Cornwall, however we are able to offer hybrid/remote working
Essential experience and skill requirements
- Experience designing Single Page Applications using React
- Experience designing micro-service based applications using .NET Core
- Knowledge of Agile development methods and practices
- Experience using Azure and AWS
- Experience building federated authentication using SAML
- Experience using Test Driven Development practices
Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
Don’t miss out!
The closing date for this role is Friday 17th December 2021. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.