Scrum Master / Technical Lead
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Close date: 28/02/2022
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who has a strong technical/software engineering background to join one of our high performing back end DevOps teams working on a Portal and Digital Transformation project.
You will be (servant) leading, facilitating and guiding your team in their delivery of a cutting-edge web application/portal and APIs for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world.
You will need to support this highly technical and capable team in being goal focussed, helping them in self-organising around their understanding of and prioritisation of work items, task planning, day-to-day delivery, demos to the Product Owner and other stakeholders and running continuous improvement retrospectives.
Most of us live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 3 miles from the beach. We aim to bring the teams together occasionally but are happy for you to be based anywhere in the UK. If you are lucky enough to be based in Cornwall or would like to relocate to this beautiful part of the country, our new offices are set-up for you to work here if you would prefer.
- Flexible hours and remote/hybrid working available
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing each year up to 30 days (plus bank holidays)
- Medical cashback scheme (which also offers discounts at gyms, cinemas, supermarkets etc)
- Linkedin Learning licences, Pluralsight Learning access, and MS Certification opportunities
- Company pension
- Enhanced sick/ Maternity/ Paternity pay
And much more…
- Leading a back-end development team (collaborating with a wider team) through effective servant leadership
- Running/facilitating all team meetings, interactions and collaborations
- Working with and communication to a wider global team and client stakeholders
- Ensuring team are effective in the use of their artefacts (kanban boards) and tools (CI/CD pipelines)
- Ensuring the team are always priority focussed and are efficient in delivery against priorities (thinking Limiting WIP and maximising the amount of work not done)
- Ensuring that the team always has an adequate backlog of prepared tasks (Input Queue) to work on
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and product stakeholders throughout the project
- Performing an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of their work
- Supporting the team in the delivery of valuable software and systems to a high quality standard helping them to hold each other to account on best practice
- People Leadership (121s) of your team members to support them in contributing well to the team delivery and to support their career progression
Experience and Skills
- Recent experience as a Scrum Master
- Ideally, previous experience as a Software Developer or similar technical background
- Previous experience in client facing environments, working directly with the client to elicit requirements
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and team working skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
We are able to offer visa sponsorship, however candidates must already be based in the UK.
We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.