UI Front End Developer
Salary: £35000 - £50000
Close date: 30/11/2021
We are actively looking for a Front End Developer to join a team working on a web application for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world. You will be part of small self organising and fast-moving development team. We fully employ the use of Agile methodologies within our business to better achieve project objectives. This team is on a DevOps journey, we like to understand and have an interest in the machine that the software sits on. If you are interested in Continuous Delivery and bleeding the edges of your experience then you will fit in well here. We are working with some pretty exciting technologies, which we don’t expect you to have experience of however if you do, it would be a bonus. For example Docker, Kafka and Jenkins.
This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. Most of us are based near our office in Cornwall, however we are able to offer hybrid/remote working opportunities.
Essential experience and skill requirements:
- Demonstrable experience of working as a professional web developer
- Experience of using Git or similar version control systems
- Writes clean, secure code
- Experience of building scalable, rich, user interfaces
- Demonstrable ability to take on technical leadership
- Experience of Node
- Configuring package and bundle managers – npm, Webpack
- CSS pre-processing and post-processing
- Experience of working in cross-functional agile teams with continuous delivery in mind
- Experience in writing automated tests and using TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies
- Understanding of UX design principles
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- Understanding, willingness and ideally experience of team leadership
- A keen interest to learn new technologies and frameworks within the Front End development ecosystem
Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.